- Click here to access Ms. Chu’s Virtual Class Meeting Schedule and all links to access Tuesdays Google Live Meets & Thursdays Google Hangout Check In
- We are starting a new unit this week: Growth and Development
- For this unit, our anchoring driving question is: In this time of Corona virus, How does stress impact the teenage body and body systems?
- For this unit we have 3 learning goals:
- A. Use a model to illustrate the role of cellular division (mitosis) and differentiation in producing and maintaining complex organisms.
- B. Develop and use a model to illustrate the hierarchical organization of interacting systems that provide specific functions within multicellular organisms.
- C. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence that feedback mechanisms maintain homeostasis.
Target Learning Objective: Students will generate questions to explore regarding growth and development of the human teenage body and perform an act of Self Care.
- Watch Assignment instructions here.
- Due Thursday 5/7 by 9PM: Check Into Google Hangout and Respond to Prompt.
- Due Tuesday 5/12 at 8AM: TOC #156: How is Lotte Changing Video and Reflection Questions. Assignment posted in Google Classroom.
- Due Tuesday 5/12 at 8AM: Read the article 11 Tools for Self Care. The perform a Self-Care action. Assignment posted in Google Classroom.
- Everything above should be completed at home!
Extension: Ongoing Extra Credit
- Buck Institute Video Sessions: Register and Attend a live session and submit a question or watch it later and complete a write up about the session
- Breakthrough Junior Challenge: Enter this challenge and create and share your video entry. You could win $250,000
- EdPuzzle: Think Like a Scientist–Natural Selection in an Outbreak | HHMI BioInteractive (Log into EdPuzzle with your TAM Google account to see the extra credit)
- EdPuzzle: Natural Selection: Sexual Selection- An Illustrated Introduction (Log into EdPuzzle with your TAM Google account to see the extra credit)